Slowly but surely

Tech Related Discussion

Postby RealOldsPower » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:46 pm

Scott Smith wrote:No im not dogging the mans engine. I was just surprised at the corrected vs uncorrected difference.
and you say da will knock 76hp out of gas and alcohol. Then explain why a gas engine swings .3 and a meth motor swings .01



From what you are saying I see that you need some help in the tuning for bracket racing class. I have BR for years and yes I have ran both Alcohol and Gasoline and saw almost the same swing from hot to cool weather with both. I will call BS on your claim. I have personally seen roughly the same swing in ET in both fuels, .08-.10 from hot to cooler conditions, This was with a 4.80 dragster. If Im dropping .3 Im putting it in the trailer and going home to pull the pan something is broke !! Like I said you are dogging the motor, and like I said if it flops dog away :roll: :roll:
Worlds Quickest Olds Powered Vehicle
RealOldsPower
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:07 am

Postby maxpower671 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:30 am

if gasoline and alcohol both swing the same amount, how come the methanol cars are more consistent :lol:
maxpower671
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:36 pm
Location: BC. CANADA

Postby Scott Smith » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:41 am

Because Andy is as full of shyt as a Christmas Turkey. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even the et predicting programs ask your fuel type and give different results based on fuel type.. :wink:
Scott Smith
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:33 pm

Postby Andy Hunt » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:06 pm

Dude, WTF is your problem?

Now I'm full of sh*t?
Image
Andy Hunt
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:49 pm

Postby RealOldsPower » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:55 pm

Scott Smith wrote:Because Andy is as full of shyt as a Christmas Turkey. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even the et predicting programs ask your fuel type and give different results based on fuel type.. :wink:


So do these programs tell us why the car you drive is a under achiever :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scott, If you have an issue with Andy or myself feel free to give me a call my number is listed Id be glad to drive to Montgomery and buy you a meal and talk about your issues with this it's your call. I can be there in roughly 3hrs drive time.

Sincerely,
Russell Hunt
Last edited by RealOldsPower on Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Worlds Quickest Olds Powered Vehicle
RealOldsPower
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:07 am

Postby RealOldsPower » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:02 pm

maxpower671 wrote:if gasoline and alcohol both swing the same amount, how come the methanol cars are more consistent :lol:


Because they seem to have a handle on the tune up !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Worlds Quickest Olds Powered Vehicle
RealOldsPower
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:07 am

Postby maxpower671 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:19 pm

RealOldsPower wrote:
maxpower671 wrote:if gasoline and alcohol both swing the same amount, how come the methanol cars are more consistent :lol:


Because they seem to have a handle on the tune up !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


are you sure? really sure? you do know methanol has a larger tuning window right? and methanol is bringing oxygen to the picnic, right?
maxpower671
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:36 pm
Location: BC. CANADA

Postby Scott Smith » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:28 pm

Andy Hunt wrote:Dude, WTF is your problem?

Now I'm full of sh*t?


Andy Hunt,
I don't have any problem with you. Andy Miller was talking out of his ass and I called him on it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Andy Miller,
Why is my 2700 pound junk an under achiever?
Because I didn't put feather weight parts in it so I could spray it?

:roll: :roll:
Scott Smith
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:33 pm

Postby Strange Magic » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:10 pm

Simply put, there are many 12 degree combos out there that can easily make 2.10-2.20 hp per cubic inch with a single cast manilfold and a wet sump oiling system. A buick wedge, and 12 degree wedge have always been preffered over an SB2 in comp eliminator and even in the truck classes, they didn't start running real fast until they moved away from that sb2 and started running the symetrical stuff.

If you can't make 880 or 890 for power out of a 12 degree wedge that is 440 plus cubes on a 9.300 deck, then you should put the key in the door and break it off because dunkin donuts is calling for you.

Andy Hunt,
I don't have any problem with you. Andy Miller was talking out of his ass and I called him on it.


To me it seems like you had nothing nice to say about Hunts stuff and then only after you where all done ripping Hunt, you decided to drag my name into it.


Scott, when you junk that used up sb stuff you got and move on over to symetrical or even a 12 degree, then you'll understand what they are capable of.
Strange Magic
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:33 pm

Postby 10.90streetcar » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:31 pm

Andy H, did you get a chance to run that thing yet?
FAST BY DESIGN

Image
SBC
1.040
2.991
4.673 @ 143.32
10.90streetcar
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:43 pm
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Postby Ohiomafia » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:10 am

Very nice build....

Just an FYI...my 399" motor made 843 and she went 4.67 at 147 at 1635lbs. You will see some 50's!!!!
Jeff Brandenburg
Dykes & Strippers Custom Wiring
www.dykesandstripperscustomwiring.com
513-617-5717
Ohiomafia
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:56 pm
Location: Lebanon, OH

Postby Andy Hunt » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:30 am

A quick update. I've been running mid .60's with the new engine so far, with DA's in the 2000' range and a physical elevation of 975'. I had another converter done last week, just haven't had time to get it in there. I haven't had an opportunity to do any tuning thus far, but I do feel there's some ET within the fuel system, launch rpm, and shift points. My current converter is flashing to 6200 off the line, which I feel is a couple hundred too tight.

Managing a track doesn't leave much time for running, so I've only got to get on the track a few times during bracket time trials. Hard to race at your own racetrack.

Looking at my early results, I think a high .50 is a possibility at a near sea level track.
Image
Andy Hunt
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:49 pm

Re: Slowly but surely

Postby Andy Hunt » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:23 pm

Been a couple of years since I've given an update on this thing.

Only got to get behind the wheel on two occasions this season due to my work schedule, and I'll tell you guys, a lack of seat time really hurts skills at the finish line. After we finished up the season at our track, I was able to get the car out of the box. Went to Holly Springs, MS.

First round I go .508 on the tree and peddled the stripe to give it back by .0012. To the buyback I went. Fourth round comes along and I get a starting line advantage of .515 over his .52. At the finish line I take .037 for a .005 breakout! :oops: Had a good time anyways.

To the car, I've been a bunch of 4.61's @ 148ish, but still looking for that .59 run! The car is now at 1675lbs due to some added weight (+15lbs on the driver) and some new gizmos on the car. Very satisfied with my "shade tree" small block build.

Image

Image
Image
Andy Hunt
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:49 pm

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest