Winter builds?

Tech Related Discussion

Winter builds?

Postby Dickey5421 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:27 pm

What's everyone's plans for freshen or new motor builds this winter? I purchased a set of SRH Pro-Filer v270's for my 393 SBC Shooting for 700-720 on the Dyno..Hopfully get it on there after the new year sometime..What y'all got going?
Dickey5421
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:36 pm

Re: Winter builds?

Postby Max » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:55 pm

I'm going to build a 440" 23 degree NA, max effort type. Has to be a cast manifold.
Max
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:57 pm

Re: Winter builds?

Postby Dickey5421 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:04 pm

Max wrote:I'm going to build a 440" 23 degree NA, max effort type. Has to be a cast manifold.

What heads you using?
Dickey5421
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:36 pm

Re: Winter builds?

Postby Max » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:12 pm

Dickey5421 wrote:
Max wrote:I'm going to build a 440" 23 degree NA, max effort type. Has to be a cast manifold.

What heads you using?


Thinking the VFactor v3.00's
Max
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:57 pm

Re: Winter builds?

Postby Dickey5421 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:55 pm

Max wrote:
Dickey5421 wrote:
Max wrote:I'm going to build a 440" 23 degree NA, max effort type. Has to be a cast manifold.

What heads you using?


Thinking the VFactor v3.00's

Good choice
Dickey5421
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:36 pm

Re: Winter builds?

Postby Chad Speier » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:12 am

Max wrote:I'm going to build a 440" 23 degree NA, max effort type. Has to be a cast manifold.



Sent you a PM
Chad Speier
Image
Chad Speier
 
Posts: 1846
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Hays, Kansas

Re: Winter builds?

Postby DParker » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:37 pm

New top end for my 427. Vfactor 2.70 I hope. Around 750hp I'd like.
DParker
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:58 am

Re: Winter builds?

Postby Dickey5421 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:15 pm

DParker wrote:New top end for my 427. Vfactor 2.70 I hope. Around 750hp I'd like.

Right camshaft I bet you will be close for sure
Dickey5421
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:36 pm

Re: Winter builds?

Postby RacerX » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:22 pm

Dickey5421 wrote:What's everyone's plans for freshen or new motor builds this winter? I purchased a set of SRH Pro-Filer v270's for my 393 SBC Shooting for 700-720 on the Dyno..Hopfully get it on there after the new year sometime..What y'all got going?



Dyno yet??
RacerX
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:07 pm

Re: Winter builds?

Postby Dickey5421 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:55 pm

RacerX wrote:
Dickey5421 wrote:What's everyone's plans for freshen or new motor builds this winter? I purchased a set of SRH Pro-Filer v270's for my 393 SBC Shooting for 700-720 on the Dyno..Hopfully get it on there after the new year sometime..What y'all got going?



Dyno yet??

No not yet still waiting on my block to get back from machine shop..Soon as I get it it's ready to assemble
Dickey5421
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:36 pm

Re: Winter builds?

Postby star393 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:52 pm

6 years back i built a 541 tall deck 4.5 st k 4.375 bore it ran ok put some billet steel mains on it and machine shop fucked up the block moving crank center line .030 closer to cam and i didn't find out until i got it home. Seems the shop had no experience at line honing steel caps and iron block so they kept fucking up holes and they recalled old that retired and finally straightened it out but moved .030. Punk that did it had no exp. But owner was in a divorce sold company and i had no one to claim damages so i was out new block all the work putting a 4.5 stk crank into it and steel mains and Payments.
I paid for line boring and line honing they lied and never had a line boring system just line honing and they phucked it all up. So biggest problem is timing chain or belt of idler system cant seem to find anything that short. .030 shorter. But i did find a set of 6.660 callis rods from the 6.700 i built it with which will allow me to reuse the the motor but sill have to come up with super short timing chain/belt system, Any thoughts???????????????????????????????
I go were not many play 9500 rpms plus with a bbc
star393
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:33 pm
Location: Chicago Il.

Re: Winter builds?

Postby ou812 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:23 pm

Finally working on my Duster once again...after having 2 boys, one in 2009 and the other in 2012. They really want to see it go down the track so it's a great excuse to get back at it.

I'm doing a 393 sb mopar, Indy -1 heads that I'm porting, solid roller cam and around 13.5:1 single 4....looking to make 675HP. Already have the extra bars in the car and certified...just need a couple more things and my physical so end of Feb. or early March I hope to get it to Cali Speedway.
Brian
BRIAN HAFLIGER
IMM ENGINES
ou812
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:10 pm


Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests